Top 5 Reasons to be a teacher:
1) Play a role in shaping the future of America (is anyone scared by the thought of me having influence over today's youth? :) )
2) Become a positive influence (maybe THE only one) in a child's life
3) Not so shabby vacation time
4) Work with some of the most amazing and dedicated people
5) SNOW DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes folks, today we had our first snow day of the year. It's the one thing that never fails to recapture the feelings of youth: continuously checking the weather forecast the night before, weighing the odds with anyone you come in contact with, waking up and immediately looking out the window to measure the intensity of the current conditions, and waiting eagerly for the name to pop up on the tv screen...
Since we have a phone tree set up, I learn the news before the tv does, but the child in me can't fully believe it until I see it flash across the bottom of the screen.
So back to bed both Harley and I went and slept in for 2 more hours. I had a leisurely breakfast, caught up with last night's The Office (exceptional as always) and read for a bit. Harley and I just got back from venturing out into what is definitely a winter wonderland. It's so beautiful out with all of the trees coated and most of the snow untouched (besides what is on the roads) by human contact. Something about that white fluff stirs something up inside Har-that guy gets so frisky when he finds mounds of snow. Some how he has discovered how to still sprint through the stuff as if he was on grass, he just adds a little more spring in his leaps to wade through the thick stuff. It really is amusing to watch.
Now I have a whole day to really do nothing. I pretty much have all my plans set for school up until our holiday break. I've decided that I'm going to be the chef for the week that we spend up at my brother's house. Both him and his wife are excellent cooks, but with a new baby, and 3 guests, plus my weird eating choices, I think it will be much easier on everyone. Plus this way I can ensure that I can eat everything we have. I've decided pb noodles are def. on the menu, along with waffles for xmas morning. I'm also thinking chicken or turkey saltimboca roll ups with bean and mushroom ragout. Sounds super fancy but it's not. Don't worry, anything I come up with, you will be seeing pictures and recipes for :) I'm going to try to come up with food lists today and I need some kind of holiday dessert-preferably butter/milk free...
Speaking of pictures...my camera is on it's last leg. It eats batteries like me dining at Tamarind (thai restaurant for you non locals)..ok that weak analogy is suppose to allude to the fact that I have to recharge the batteries on a daily basis. I have it on good authority that I am getting a new camera for christmas. Another example of how I always ruin surprises. I really can't think of a single time that I have been successfully surprised. Anyways, I can't wait to take massive amounts of pictures, including new baby sofi! Harley will also be meeting his cousins Timber(dog) and Moss (cat) for the first time. I hope he will be a polite guest and not steal the toys or harrass his hosts...
Well, I hope you all enjoy your day as much as I will...even those of you who have to work when it snows outside. As for me, I am going to continue this feeling of youth and make a nice cup of hot cocoa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment