Friday, November 7, 2008

Acorn Squash-Act 2

I told you to stay tuned for usage of the other half of my acorn squash! This time I decided just to mash it, which since it was already cooked, took a matter of minutes. When returning from my walk with Harley this evening, I smelled the delicious odors wafting off of my neighbor's grill. Suddenly I was craving a burger. I had some fresh ground turkey in the fridge so I fashioned my favorite burger combination:

Jen's Turkey Burger

4 oz ground turkey breast
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 tbs dijon mustard
Borsari seasoned salt-just a sprinkling
splash of Marsala cooking wine

Combine all ingredients and form into a patty and cook/grill


For the squash:
scrape squash from peel
added about 2 tbs maple syrup, 1/2 tbs smart balance (or butter/butter substitute) a dash of salt and cinnamon
stir to combine and heat until hot

I also sauteed up some more green beans and used Ezekiel's English Muffin for the burger bun.

No comments: